Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Right Way Isn't My Way

I want to say since my last post I’ve come up with a brilliant plan on how I’m going to tone up, but that would go against my procrastination tendencies. Instead I’m going to tell you why it is okay if you made a New Year’s resolution to (insert yours here), but haven’t done anything to achieve that goal.

Too often we say we are going to do something and if we don’t instantly start doing it the “right” way, we give up all together. But sometimes doing things the “right” way doesn’t last.

For instance, the “right” way to tone up might be to watch what I’m eating and add in some exercise. This would probably warrant fabulous results, except it goes against my lazy nature. And while I might be able to force myself to do it for a few days or even a few weeks, I would burn myself out over it. At that point, I would stop and never look back.

So what is the “wrong” way that might actually work, at least for me? I’m going to ease into it. I’m sure some form of exercise would be beneficial. Besides being a useful technique to engage in when the desired outcome involves getting into shape, I saw this tidbit in a magazine article:

“The simple act of exercising – regardless of your weight or fitness level – can make you feel better about how you look, possibly due to the release of feel-good hormones, finds a review of 57 studies on exercise and body image.”

And who doesn’t want to feel good?

So the first step is to examine what types of exercise I have at my disposal and what would work within my time restraints. I’ll get back to you with all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment