Sunday, January 2, 2011

Less Than Physical

"Roaming" the internet uses a verb that gives the illusion of movement, yet you are sitting in front of a computer going nowhere. With all the miles you travel visiting blogs from across the US and overseas, could you imagine the shape you would be in if you walked those miles? And no, I wasn't thinking sorry or dead - although I do see your point.

When I started my blog, it was a fear that too much time sitting in front of the computer would cause me to gain some extra weight. I found my fear wasn't unfounded as many bloggers posted New Year's Resolutions about losing the 10-15 pounds they gained after starting their blog.

If you met me you wouldn't say I needed to lose weight and I would agree with you. A more accurate statement would be I need to tone my existing weight. The number that shows up on the scale is far from horrible, but the way those pounds are situated on my body needs some improvement.

For anyone who is seriously struggling with your weight, please put the pitchfork down, I'm not trying to offend. My blog is about staying healthy while engaging in an activity that is less than physical.

So join me, if you will, as I try to transfer some mush into muscle. And keep off those extra alien pounds that are waiting to jump on me from cyberspace.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm gonna log out and go walk on a treadmill. You've inspired me :) ~Ann

    ReplyDelete